7 Weeks, 6 Days and Unwanted by Paige Williams,
Director of Client Services
Paige Williams, Client Services Director at First Choice Pregnancy Solutions shares how she copes with the heart wrenching loss she often feels as she walks alongside clients as they make pregnancy decisions AND she is currently pregnant herself!
Scared out of my mind. Total panic. Nauseous. This would best describe my first reaction to when I find out I was pregnant with our little girl, Liza Jane. I am married, surrounded by a church and community, financially stable…yet I was absolutely terrified when Josh and I found out we were expecting. Our preemie, Liza Jane, was born in February 2011 and we were amazed at God’s grace to us.
Excited. Thrilled. Nauseous. This would describe my reaction two months ago when I found out we were pregnant with Baby #2. Josh and I were overjoyed to be parents again. I was already decorating the nursery, picking out weird names, and organizing newborn clothes.
A few weeks later while I was at work at First Choice Pregnancy Solutions, we served a client, “Cassidy,” a young high school graduate ready to begin college in the fall. Cassidy and her boyfriend were pregnant and ready to abort. They had made up their minds. She showed no emotion as she saw her baby on the ultrasound.
After the ultrasound, she was told that she was 7 weeks and 6 days.
I was 7 weeks and 6 days pregnant as well.
I was 7 weeks and 6 days pregnant as well.
We both have the same due date.
We both have little lives growing inside of us.
But I was thrilled. And she was terrified.
I came home that night and cried for this little one who was unwanted, who was deemed disposable. And I hurt for this young mom who felt trapped and out of options. I thought about our due date and that I couldn’t wait to meet our baby…and that our little one was cherished, wanted, and valued. And I wanted the same thing for her baby…that that child could be cherished, wanted, and valued.
I prayed. We prayed. Supporters prayed.
Within a week, Cassidy chose to carry to term. I was floored. She told me that she wanted her baby and that the life growing inside of her did matter.
I came to First Choice Pregnancy Solutions in 2009 with a desire to love and serve women who felt overwhelmed, trapped and scared. I wanted them to know they did have choices and to empower them to make an informed decision, to have hope, and to be surrounded by a community that cared for them. In my time at First Choice, I have seen many clients abort their children and I grieve the loss of those lives. As a staff, we name each child whose life was taken and remember these children at our annual Service of Hope. I want these children to know that they are loved and cherished and wanted. I have also seen many women who have chosen life and when they stop by and show off their sweet babies, I give thanks that the Lord allowed me to be a part of such a gift.
Once again I must say I thank GOD for his "ANGELS" here on earth!! I find it gods work that with you second pregnancy you have another client who shared you due date as we shared with your first. You are there at First choice for a reason and god puts you in peoples lives for a reason. You are truely a blessing to those around you, and in my opinion it is evident that First Choice is where you should be making a difference! I am glad you were there when I needed help and glad that you are there making a difference for others. THANKS FIRST CHOICE
ReplyDelete