First Choice is served weekly by over 40 volunteers who run the daily operations and meet the needs of our clients. Our volunteers are simply unpaid staff and are necessary to provide quality services to our clients. Have you ever consider if God wants to use you in a volunteer capacity at First Choice?
From personal experience I can say that volunteering at First Choice has been one of the best decisions I have ever made! I spent about a year volunteering as a Client Advocate and meeting with clients one on one each week. I never knew who God was going to allow me to meet, but I loved stepping out in faith each week to see how God would use me. Through the process of volunteering I saw clients not only choose life, but feel empowered and equipped in their decision. I also had the opportunity to see my church rally around some of my clients to love and serve them through hosting a baby shower, providing meals after the baby was born and even teaching the mom how to cook and we ultimately saw them also trust Christ! Our next Volunteer Training Session is scheduled for January 7th, 8th and 15th from 6:00-9:00 PM.
If you are interested please email Paige Williams our Director of Client Services at paige.psswf@gmail.com
Here Is a List of 2013 Spring Volunteer Needs:
Administrative Volunteers who are proficient at computer and database work. We need administrative volunteers who can commit to weekly shifts to help us with our information management.
Next Steps Client Advocates (MALE AND FEMALE) to commit to weekly shifts to meet with our clients one one one. Through the Next Steps program the clients learn about their pregnancy, life skills as a new parent and have the opportunity to earn material needs such as diapers, a crib and car seat. Through serving in this volunteer position you will have the ability to connect with the clients on a deep level, encourage them, pray for them and invest in their journey.
Crisis Counselors to commit to a weekly shift and meet with clients who are abortion minded and vulnerable and in the most sensitive time of decision making. Through this role you will play a very strategic part in helping clients de-escalate their crisis, understand all their options and the ways in which First Choice can help. There is additional training provided and required for this position.
Custodial Volunteer to help keep First Choice center organized and clean throughout the week so it is a pleasant, comfortable and welcoming environment for our clients and those seeking our services.

No comments:
Post a Comment