Monday, January 21, 2013

After 3 Years In Ministry as Director of Client Services, Paige Williams Shares Her Wisdom, Heart & Vision As She Leaves.


By Paige Williams, Client Services Director at First Choice Pregnanc

Brayden.  Brayden is the name of the first baby I lost at First Choice Pregnancy Solutions.  One of the first clients I met with when I began in 2009 aborted her baby and I gave him a name.  I wanted him to be remembered, to have a name, and to know that someone wanted him.  I will never forget that young mother’s name, her face, her story, or her baby.  Every Mother’s Day I remember him and give thanks that he is safe and cared for by our Heavenly Father.

When I first began at First Choice, I had no idea what was in store for me.  Coming from a women’s ministry background in the local church and on a college campus, I was eager to get involved…and horribly naïve.   I was going to single handedly end the perceived need for abortion within a few weeks.  Watch out Triangle I was ready to roll.  The somber reality soon came.  Brayden’s mom ended his life and I realized I was in desperate need of the Lord and His work, strength, and spirit. 

Now over three years later, I am transitioning off staff, to have our second child.  Our first little girl, Liza Jane, has significant health issues that require lots of doctors, therapies, and extra love.  It’s time for me to be home with my little girl and my growing family.


As I leave my full time position at First Choice, there are few things I would love our supporters to know.

1. The reality is that our staff and volunteers live and breathe a fight…a FIGHT for the cause of LIFE.  There is no such thing as time off.  You can’t turn your mind off from the ultrasound you just saw and the child you know will not live.  You can’t disengage from the young mother who shows up at your clinic door, homeless, pregnant, and asking for someone to give her a chance.   And you never stop asking God to come soon and to bring justice and hope to a world that is terribly broken. 

2. It is never enough to simply write a check (although we do need them).  There are women and men all around you who are on the brink of ending the life of their child.  The pregnancy test is positive, the abortion is scheduled, and you may be the only person that has the opportunity to be a voice for life in their lives.   It’s the babysitter, your daughter’s friend, it’s the youth group kid, and it’s the waitress at your favorite restaurant.  She needs you to get involved and COME WITH HER to the clinic.  She needs you to drive her to our office, to sit with her, and to love her no matter her choice.

3. We need the CHURCH.  We need the church to be educated on how to talk about abortion, how to reach abortion minded women, how to walk a woman through her pregnancy decision, how to equip women to change their lives forever.  We are one small, understaffed, under-resourced ministry that desperately needs HIS CHURCH to be equipped, engaged, active participants in our culture.  We need YOU. 

Thank you for allowing me the privilege and honor of serving the men and women of our community.  As I transition off staff, my role to empower men and women to choose Life has not been removed.  Join me in being an active member of my community, a voice for LIFE, an informed church member, and a friend who walks alongside others through their decisions when facing unplanned pregnancy.  

1 comment:

  1. A great article and a huge THANK YOU, Paige, for your work of compassion, faith and wisdom!

    ReplyDelete