Thursday, July 24, 2014

To Walk in Good Works & My Next Step of Faith. By Tasha Caruthers

Ephesians 2:1-10 is a beautiful and clear explanation of the Gospel in my life. God has brought me from death to life so that He may be made known. My part in that is to walk in the good works, which He prepared for me beforehand. This is why I serve.

It has been my privilege to walk in very specific works (the lives of individuals) during my time at First Choice. During the five and a half years of being connected to First Choice, my life has been changed. I have learned to love more deeply. My love for the Lord has grown in knowledge and depth of insight, particularly as I have witnessed firsthand His love for our girls, their babies, and their families/friends.

Over the years there have been some very distinct disappointments. There are faces, names, babies, decisions, and missed opportunities that will remain with me. However, God’s grace is beyond sufficient, His grace is perfect and sweet. Amidst all of the disappointment and heartbreak, there is also much joy. I (we) have the amazing honor to witness situations and people moving from death to life, both physically and spiritually.

I have loved being at the baby showers hosted by local churches for moms who have make the courageous decision for life. I have loved holding those sweet babies in the hospital after delivery. I have loved celebrating first birthdays of babies saved. I have loved visiting our girls’ babies in the nursery at church because their mamas have taken the brave step to visit a church. I have loved sitting with some of those mamas hearing how God has adopted them into His family. I have loved…
 
Leaving First Choice is bittersweet for me. I will miss our girls. I will miss the babies. I will miss the families. I will even miss the craziness of life that appears before us in each appointment. I will also miss you, my colleagues in the trenches. But as I move forward in the “good works” God has prepared for me, I leave First Choice knowing that you (every staff, board member, volunteer, and donor) will continue to carry our legacy of love and good works to the under-served of Wake County.

Continue to fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith! I will be praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment