Meet the Chair Lady of First Choice Board of Directors,
Mitzi Bissette
Never Alone by Mitzi Bissette
You’re pro-LIFE. Now what? Does that change the way you think? Speak? Does it change what you read? What you watch? How you spend your money? It didn’t for me. I belonged to the pro-LIFE camp. I had a stance on the “abortion issue”. That was good enough. Wasn’t it?
In my mid-20’s I was a recent convert from pro-choice to pro-LIFE. Why, because God drew me into a personal relationship with His Son. Prior to that, I aligned my thinking and actions to standing up for the right for a woman to choose. She deserved to have that right protected by law. She deserved to make whatever decision was going to make her happy. She was alone!
Now, I know the “she” that I so strongly supported to have a right was often alone and sometimes scared.Recently, a good friend confided her past abortion to me. Until then I didn’t realize the depth of loneliness women can feel when facing an unplanned pregnancy. My friend felt so alone and did not have anyone to share the truth concerning the decision she was about to make. The reality of an unplanned pregnancy had never hit me before, because it wasn’t me. It wasn’t someone I loved. I had never experienced an unplanned pregnancy, never felt the uncertainty of my future changed forever by the decision that I made…alone, but she did.
Volunteering at First Choice Pregnancy Solutions changed the way I understand and live “being Pro-LIFE” because calling myself Pro-LIFE wasn’t enough. I have changed the way I think about life…all life. There are women and men in my community, my neighbors, and my friends who are making life changing decisions and they should not be alone. They need to know the truth about their decision. They need a place where they can be heard, feel safe and know regardless of their decision they will be loved and welcome. "Being pro-LIFE" starts with me. I can speak truth into their lives, I can listen and by God's Grace I can love. So that they will never be alone.
Mitzi currently serves on the board of directors for First Choice Pregnancy Solutions. She is happily married to David. In September they will celebrate their sixteenth wedding anniversary. They own and operate The Grain Mill of Wake Forest. She also home schools their three children. She and her family attend North Wake Baptist church where she co-mentors the Mothers Of PreSchoolers group.

No comments:
Post a Comment